Sr. Accounting Associate - Property Operations, San Francisco, CA
The Senior Accounting Associate is responsible for handling all aspects of financial record keeping for real estate operating companies primarily in the multifamily space with a focus on property accounting.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Set up and maintain accounting files and records relating to selected projects and/or on-going managed and owned properties.
- Prepare month-end closing reconciliations and schedules and record all appropriate journal entries into the accounting system. (Yardi)
- Prepare funding/distribution requests to investors and lenders.
- Prepare Variance Analysis and Cash Flow Analysis.
- Prepare all financial statements and reports for designated properties and projects.
- Assist with annual budget and re-forecast for each property assigned.
- Receive invoices and team with operations and asset management personnel to pay vendors and record appropriate assets and liabilities.
- Assist outside auditors and accountants with year-end reporting to investors and regulatory agencies.
- Reconcile bank accounts as part of monthly close.
- Assure expenditures are in accordance with company-mandated expense approval workflows.
- Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested by clients and partners.
- Adherence to accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment related to business operations.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills via email, phone and in person.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Pro. Yardi experience preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years’ full cycle general ledger accounting experience.
- College degree required.
Maximus is an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.