Job title: Connect Coordinator
Reports to: Meals on Wheels Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Connect Coordinator provides excellent customer service for our senior clients and volunteers in the Connect Program. Essential duties include: registering, assessing, matching volunteers and clients, schedule development, volunteer recruitment, program outreach and data entry for full contract compliance.
- Assist in recruiting and training volunteers
- Registers and re-registers Connect participants.
- Provide In-home visits to assess the seniors’ needs and living situation and make appropriate referrals
- Assist in outreach and presentations to raise community awareness of services
- Keep detailed records of visits and hours served
- Work with Program Manager to keep the number of visits/calls within the service goal for the fiscal year
- Organize and arrange visits schedule for efficiency
- Prepare and get all support information and records to the main office on time
- Provide client visits when needed
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service training meetings
- Work closely with MOW Program Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
The minimum qualifications, physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met or will be encountered by an employee while performing the primary responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a general understanding of the needs and problems of the elderly as a group.
- Proficient to excellent computer skills (ie: Outlook, Publisher, Google Suite)
- Proficient use of social media and Internet
- Must be able to read, speak and write English fluently; Bilingual preferred (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese)
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Must have own transportation for use on the job, valid California Driver’s License, Auto Insurance and DMV record that is acceptable to Spectrum and Spectrum’s Insurance carrier
- This work requires the following physical abilities: climbing, bending, kneeling, twisting, reaching, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying and relocating up to 30lbs
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Finger dexterity for activities such as typing, use of the computer mouse, computer usage, recording money, grasping and repetitive motions
- This work is performed both indoors and at times outdoors with exposure to other motor vehicles.
- Ability to enter client homes that may include pets, clutter and smells throughout Alameda County
- Strive for improvement in self and for Spectrum; make recommendations for improvements.
- Respond timely to requests for information, service and assistance.
- Demonstrate a positive and productive attitude; have an open mind and be objective, trustworthy, honest and ethical.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Treat each Spectrum employee/manager as if they were an internal customer.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Use and conserve organizational resources efficiently and effectively.
- Prioritize and plan work activities.
- Demonstrate consistency, reliability, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Show respect and sensitivity toward cultural differences.
- Promote a harassment and discrimination free environment.
- Follow or exceed organizational standards
- Adhere to company policy and procedure; support Spectrum’s goals and values.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.