Working with the Development and Construction team, the Contract Administrator is responsible for organizational aspects of contract processing to ensure proper preparation, review and administration of contracts and their associated requirements during various stages of the construction process.
This position works with all levels both internally and externally. The successful candidate will have the ability to work with associates and project stakeholders to define and communicate objectives and programs effectively, and coordinate the actions of various team members.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Contract Administration:
- Support the team on drafting, negotiating, and revising processes for contracts, agreements, and change orders. Assist in the contract preparation and revision process.
- Assist in developing and assembling request for bid or proposal schedule and distribute packages and respond to bidder’s questions. Evaluate bid proposals and perform detailed bid tabulation if directed.
- Manage and coordinate any updates and changes to the Project Budget. Coordinate closely with the Project Manager and other team members to make sure project commitment, projections, and draws/payments are accurately processed and recorded.
- Own the distribution, tracking, and processing of invoices on a weekly, monthly, and/or ad hoc basis for multiple projects, working closely with the Accounting team.
- Track certificates of insurance and confirm limits and expiration dates.
- Work directly with consultants and vendors to ensure efficient processing of invoices.
- Keep physical and digital contract and related files organized and up to date.
- Keep track of retention and preliminary notices and track against lien waivers.
- Work with internal and external team in implementing a new project management system including mitigration of data, setting up reports, and training other team members.
- Project Support:
- Ensure all required project delivery processes and documentation are followed and complete.
- Assist project team to prepare, summarize, and provide updated project information and re-forecasted financial metrics on a periodic and ad hoc basis for inclusion in presentations, investor reports, and other materials.
- File and retrieve project documents, records, and reports. drawings, city processes.
- Conduct research as requested for projects.
- Perform or assist in closeout activities as needed.
- Own the set-up and production of community meetings.
- Interface with government agencies for any reporting requirements (such as LBE tracking) as needed.
- Author, collect and/or distribute project information to appropriate team member(s) on a regular basis.
- Assist in the creation and documentation of processes and procedures relevant to the operation of the Development team and projects.
- Organize and manage structure of online document management system.
- Provide support for any meetings as necessary.
- Team Management:
- Responsible for coordination of general team enrichment and education. For example, assist with questions regarding invoice processing and insurance.
- Be a contributing member of the development team to achieve established project-long term and intermediate goals while helping create a culturally thriving and financially successful company.
Position may require working irregular hours as necessary to complete assigned duties and responsibilities. Work is performed in a variety of settings including construction sites, offices, community meetings, and other off-site locations.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties and responsibilities with consistent accuracy, attention to detail, and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines and shifting priorities. Must take initiative, analyze assignments, identify sub-tasks, prioritize, and keep various assignments for multiple projects moving simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to be part of an organization that values service, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork.
- Organized, analytical, and highly motivated person with the demonstrated ability to learn and grow.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively. Flexibility and willingness to do a variety of tasks.
- Ability to take direction, identify issues and escalate for resolution, and to take reasonable action to achieve desired results.
- Suitability to an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance.
- Unquestioned integrity, basic business acumen and common sense.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Construction Management, Real Estate, Architecture, Civil Engineer or related field strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Contract law
- Project financial/budget management
- Insurance and insurance certificates
- Invoicing and draw process
- California mechanic’s lien law
- 3+ years of directly relevant work experience in Contract Administration in construction, real estate and development, or corporate environment
- Strong command of Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with Yardi, Procore, and/or other Project Management systems. Familiarity with the basic functions Web Based applications, DocuSign, and Bluebeam desirable.
Maximus is an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.