Neapolis Construction is a dedicated team of construction professionals serving our clients and community by building with passion, integrity, innovation and quality. Neapolis upholds the highest standards in quality control, job site safety and efficient building practices. Our core markets include mixed-use and multifamily developments.
Primary responsibility is to manage the successful completion of assigned projects. The Project Manager is the lead for management of preconstruction, estimating, contracting, logistics, budget, schedule, quality control and risk. This position reports to the Vice President.
- Manage budget, subcontractors, logistics, preconstruction, risk, and client relations of assigned projects during preconstruction through close-out.
- Ensure Neapolis standards of safety and quality are adhered to by asserting Neapolis’ safety culture.
- Manage and coordinate job progress to ensure adherence to schedule and budget.
- Effectively collaborate, manage and motivate the project team.
- Professionally represent Neapolis.
- Manage the project team successfully and collaboratively.
- Job site visits/walks to review existing conditions (position will likely require full-time on job sites).
- Establish and maintain positive and effective relationships and communication with construction manager, project team, consultants/architect/engineers, subcontractors, adjacent community, trades, governmental representatives/agencies.
- Prepare take-off and budgets in collaboration with estimators.
- Develop bid scope for trade packages and vet/qualify subcontractors to ensure compliance with project scope.
- Actively participate in and manage project buy-out and subcontracting
- Negotiate, write and ensure execution of all subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Review and manage all project documents, including project submittals, RFI’s, and shop drawings, for completeness and accuracy.
- Meet budget objectives and make adjustment recommendations based on analysis.
- Assist Superintendent with project set-up including site logistics and subcontractor coordination and mobilization.
- Create and enforce a site-specific emergency action plan for assigned projects in collaboration with the Superintendent.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze and ensure the successful completion of schedule and budget goals.
- Develop a preconstruction schedule and monitor progress. Develop construction schedules, plan and defining Scope, activity planning and sequencing resource planning.
- Manage billings and cost procedures with support from the account team.
- Conduct team meetings, owner/architect meetings, and safety audits presenting job cost, scheduling updates and project budget status reports at regular intervals.
- Minimum seven (7) years experience as a Project Manager, combination of Project Engineer and Assistant Project Manager, or equivalent roles in the construction industry.
- Must have a solid understanding of construction, job site safety requirements, contracting, planning and scheduling, budgets, and relevant technology.
- This position requires a high level of fluency reading drawings, schedules, specifications, and related project documents.
- Key competencies are leadership, initiative, communication, teamwork and managing for results.
- Proficient to skilled with ProCore
- MS Office Suite.
- MS Project
- On-Screen Take-off
Neapolis is an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.