Supervise field construction of projects and complete the work on schedule, within budget, and to the quality of workmanship specified. In the performance of this function, protect and promote Neapolis Construction interests in all matters, and do whatever reasonably necessary to discharge duties and responsibilities, which include, but are not limited to the following:
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships of the on-site staff and subcontractors, and promote a positive project morale.
- Have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the Agreement, each Subcontract, the Contract Documents, and assist in the development of on-site procedures.
- Examine Contract Documents for design deficiencies, impractical details, and possible code violations, and bring these to the attention of the Project Manager who will review them with the Architect.
- Assist in the development and refinement of the Project Schedule, work to keep the schedules properly updated, and see that the job meets the required dates.
- Plan and review the Construction Program, including quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment, and manpower.
- Coordinate, direct, monitor, and with the project staff and the technical coordinators, (project specific as required) inspect the activities of the Subcontractors, Suppliers and Neapolis labor and material.
- Verify that each Subcontractor has completed their contractual requirements as condition precedent to beginning his work at the jobsite. This includes a Certificate of Insurance and/or Insurance Program Enrollment, a fully executed Subcontract, a Schedule of Values, and a Safety Program.
- Ensure all required permits or licenses have been obtained, and all required safety notices are posted.
- Cooperate with, and direct when necessary, the activities of the inspection agencies, and to effect remedial actions indicated by the reports of these agencies.
- Chair weekly coordination meetings and monthly safety meetings with the subcontractors and provide minutes.
- Receive and review the Subcontractors Daily Reports of work done and labor and material employed. Review all time and material work vouchers and invoices. Assist Management with the review and approval of the Subcontractor’s monthly requests for payment.
- Review layouts and seek confirmation of accuracy using plans and submittals.
- Review, approve, and incorporate into the Contract Documents, on a weekly basis, all as-built prints.
- Maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project including the public.
- Manage and maintain site logistics plans.
To ensure that subcontractor enforces their safety programs including the holding of toolbox safety meetings. Refer and adhere to the Neapolis Construction Safety Manual for further instruction and OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to read Contract Documents (e.g. plans and specifications, conditions of approval, contracts and agreements, consultant reports, etc.), have an understanding of project cost analysis, and effectively use the following computer programs within a reasonable amount of time:
- ProCore Construction Management Software.
- BluBeam Revu.
- BOX Cloud Storage.
- Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. outlook, excel, word, project, etc.).
- WebEx Conferencing.
- Certificates and Licenses
- All employees are required to have an up to date CPR/AED certificate.
- Thirty (30) hour OSHA training.
Neapolis is an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.