The Cook prepares food following the planned and approved menus and recipes while following all Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and ServSafe principles.
- Prepare menu items as assigned. Must follow approved recipes
- Pack and label the correct amounts of food for the meal sites
- Follow all HACCP principles
- Follow all ServSafe principles
- Receive, label, date and store food and supply orders
- Complete cleaning procedures and maintenance of work areas
- Daily washing of pots and pans
- Accurately maintain all required records/logs
- Attend all training sessions and staff meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
The minimum qualifications, physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met or will be encountered by an employee while performing the primary responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of cooking experience preferred
- Courses in food service operation, sanitation, and food preparation preferred
- Must be able to read, speak and write English fluently; Bilingual preferred (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese)
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Must be able to read packaging labels and instructions on cleaning products
- Culinary math skills
- ServSafe Manager Certification, or become certified within 6 weeks of hire. Responsible for keeping current
All ServSafe rules must be followed including:
- Fingernails are to be kept short. No false nails, nail polish, or false eyelashes allowed.
- No jewelry, such as necklaces, dangling earrings, watches, or bracelets.
- Only jewelry exceptions are plain metal band rings and small stud earrings.
- This work requires the following physical abilities: climbing, bending, kneeling, twisting, reaching, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying and relocating 50lbs
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus
- The work is primarily performed indoors
- Able to withstand extreme temperatures, hot and cold
- The noise level in the kitchen maybe loud at times due to use of equipment
- Strive for improvement in self and for Spectrum; make recommendations for improvements
- Respond timely to requests for information, service and assistance
- Demonstrate a positive and productive attitude; have an open mind and be objective, trustworthy, honest and ethical
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Treat each Spectrum employee/manager as if they were an internal customer
- Use and conserve organizational resources efficiently and effectively
- Prioritize and plan work activities
- Demonstrate consistency, reliability, accuracy and thoroughness
- Show respect and sensitivity toward cultural differences
- Promote a harassment and discrimination free environment
- Follow or exceed organizational standards
- Adhere to company policy and procedure; support Spectrum’s goals and values
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.