The Senior Meal Partner Site Coordinator has the overall responsibility for the smooth operation of the partner site and providing a safe and welcoming environment for the meal participants.
- Register all participants; ensure information is organized and current
- Oversee the foodservice distribution and activities at the partner site
- Assist in preparing a safe meal service environment
- Develop and implement outreach techniques to expand and maximize site participation
- Coordinate and supervise paid and volunteer site staff regarding meal service activities and paperwork. Ensure that record keeping is completed timely and accurately
- Train and supervise paid and volunteer staff to ensure sanitary safe meal distribution. Report food-related problems to the Food Service Manager immediately
- Recruit, train and appreciate volunteers
- Provide referrals to appropriate social service agencies as needed by site participants
- Follow all Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) principles
- Follow all ServSafe principles
- Attend all training sessions and staff meetings
- Maintain, in an accurate and timely manner, all records
- Participating in fund raising activities
- Assist with all aspects of meal service
- Perform other duties as assigned
The minimum qualifications, physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met or will be encountered by an employee while performing the primary responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Experience in food service operation, preferred
- Previous experience in community service preferred; interest in serving others
- Possess a general understanding of the needs and problems of the elderly as a group.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English fluently; Bilingual preferred (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese)
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Ability to communicate in a positive manner, both orally and in writing
- Culinary math skills
- Food Handler Certificate, or become certified within 2 weeks of hire. Responsible for keeping current
All ServSafe rules must be followed including:
- Fingernails are to be kept short. No false nails, nail polish, or false eyelashes allowed.
- No jewelry, such as necklaces, dangling earrings, watches, or bracelets.
- Only jewelry exceptions are plain metal band rings and small stud earrings.
- This work requires the following physical abilities without assistance: climbing, bending, kneeling, twisting, reaching, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying and relocating 50lbs
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Finger dexterity for activities such as recording money, grasping and repetitive motions
- The work is performed indoors and outdoors
- Able to withstand extreme temperatures, hot and cold
- The noise level in the kitchen maybe loud at times due to use of equipment
- Strive for improvement in self and for Spectrum; make recommendations for improvements
- Respond timely to requests for information, service and assistance
- Demonstrate a positive and productive attitude; have an open mind and be objective, trustworthy, honest and ethical
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Treat each Spectrum employee/manager as if they were an internal customer
- Use and conserve organizational resources efficiently and effectively
- Prioritize and plan work activities
- Demonstrate consistency, reliability, accuracy and thoroughness
- Show respect and sensitivity toward cultural differences
- Promote a harassment and discrimination free environment
- Follow or exceed organizational standards
- Adhere to company policy and procedure; support Spectrum’s goals and values
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.