Meal Delivery Driver
Job title: Meal Delivery Driver
Department: Senior Nutrition Program
Reports to: Meal Delivery Supervisor
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
The Meal Delivery Driver is responsible for the safe and timely transportation of food and interoffice mail to and from the partner sites.
● Responsible for the safe transport of meals following all food safety principles, supplies and inter-office mail to each partner site, and maintain required schedule ● Ensuring all Spectrum supplies are returned from partner sites
● Transport daily written communication and supplies between the office and partner sites
● Complete driver cleaning tasks
● Gather, pack and label supplies to be sent to the partner sites for the following day ● Assist partner sites with accurate completion of paperwork, plating and food safety ● Clean the inside and outside of all food transport containers each day ● Accurately pack cold food transport containers with cold food and beverages and ice packs
● Upon return to kitchen, unload van and place all equipment in appropriate storage areas
● Wash pots, pans, dishes, utensils, etc.
● Perform daily chores at end of day to prepare kitchen for next day production ● Accurately maintain required records
● Clean vehicle on a daily basis and maintain sanitary condition of vehicle ● Responsible for preventative maintenance of vehicle, including but not limited to checking all fluid levels, checking tire pressure/oil
● Report any problems with van to Meal Delivery Supervisor
● Attend all required training meetings and staff meetings
● Perform other duties as assigned
December 2019 Page 1 of 3
The minimum qualifications, dress code, physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met or will be encountered by an employee while performing the primary responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities.
● High School Diploma/GED preferred
● Experience in foodservice preferred
● Must be able to read, speak and write English fluently; Bilingual preferred (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese)
● Ability to follow verbal and written instructions in English
● Must be able to read packaging labels and instructions on cleaning products ● Culinary math skills
● Food Handlers Certificate, or become certified within 6 weeks of hire. Responsible for keeping current
● Must have a California driver’s license and DMV record that is acceptable to Spectrum and Spectrum’s Insurance carrier
All ServSafe rules must be followed including:
● Fingernails are to be kept short. No false nails, nail polish, or false eyelashes allowed. ● No jewelry, such as necklaces, dangling earrings, watches, or bracelets. ● Only jewelry exceptions are plain metal band rings and small stud earrings.
● This work requires the following physical abilities: climbing, bending, kneeling, twisting, reaching, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying and relocating 50lbs ● Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus
● This work is performed indoors and outdoors
● The work performed outdoors is exposed to other motor vehicles
● Able to withstand extreme temperatures, hot and cold
● The noise level in the kitchen maybe loud at times due to use of equipment
● Strive for improvement in self and for Spectrum; make recommendations for improvements
● Respond timely to requests for information, service and assistance ● Demonstrate a positive and productive attitude; have an open mind and be objective, trustworthy, honest and ethical
● Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
● Treat each Spectrum employee/manager as if they were an internal customer Organizational
December 2019 Page 2 of 3
● Use and conserve organizational resources efficiently and effectively ● Prioritize and plan work activities
● Demonstrate consistency, reliability, accuracy and thoroughness
● Show respect and sensitivity toward cultural differences
● Promote a harassment and discrimination free environment
● Follow or exceed organizational standards
● Adhere to company policy and procedure; support Spectrum’s goals and values
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. December 2019 Page 3 of 3